12 March, 2007

Dowloading Ubuntu

That whole thing about maybe I should have ordered the Ubuntu CD is coming home to roost. I started the download of the installation CD last night using my husband's computer, which has a faster processor and more memory. We also have a cable broadband connection here at the house. The download still took six hours, and now, according to the Ubuntu website, there are "data integrity" checks that I should perform before actually burning the download to a CD. Then, after burning the CD, there is a "CD integrity " check to perform as well.

For anyone who might someday read this posting (yeah, right), check out the Ubuntu listing on Amazon. The latest version of Ubuntu for PCs can be purchased for $10, not including shipping. I am ordering a copy as a safeguard.

And, of course, you can always install Edubuntu using the CD distributed in IT521 by Dr. Pfaffman.

1 comment:

miss hampson said...

Hah hah! I have 'foiled' your assumption that someone would not read your post (see the "Yeah right" comment in post). Yes, there really are people out there looking in and learning from what you have to say :) Best of luck!

A fellow blogger